Juri Commons Park Renovation - Let'sPlaySF! Initiative
In keeping with the park’s designation as one of the 13 Let’sPlaySF! sites, the renovation of Juri Commons will include play amenities as well as a range of features designed to provide a lush, welcoming and accessible space for all who visit. The Recreation and Park Department and SF Parks Alliance have worked closely with the community, including Juri Commoners, a group dedicated to the park, to provide a complete project that includes a new children’s play area, adult fitness equipment, accessible paths, new planting and irrigation, and improved seating.
Juri Commons is the green remnant of a railroad that ran through the city beginning over 150 years ago. This former land use defines the park’s linear shape and has served to protect the site from development, enabling the park’s existence today. To celebrate this history, a portion of the primary path through the park is designed to represent the railway experience - a reminder to those using the park or passing through of its important past.
Scope of Work
The Juri Commons renovation will include:
- Children’s play area and nature exploration area
- Fitness equipment
- Improved seating
- Fully accessible pathways
- Trees and planting
- Upgraded irrigation
- New fencing, gates and signage at each entry
- Planning Spring 2018 - Summer 2018
- Design Fall 2018 - Summer 2019
- Bid/Award Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
- Construction - Summer 2020
The project combines funding from the Community Opportunity Fund with citywide Development Impact Fees and is supported by Let’sPlaySF! Initiative, a partnership between the Recreation and Parks Department and the San Francisco Parks Alliance. Funding is as follows:
- 2012 Bond (Community Opportunity Fund): $524,488
- 2012 Bond (Let’sPlaySF!): $250,000
- Eastern Neighborhoods Developer Impact Fees: $825,000
- SF Parks Alliance Grant (Let’sPlaySF!): $75,512
Total Sources: $1,675,000
If you would like to sign up for updates click here and scroll down to the NewsFlash and select the alerts you would like to receive.