McLaren Park Vision Plan - Next Steps!
The 2020 Health and Recovery Bond included $6 million for capital improvements to McLaren Park under the Citywide Parks Program. This Fall, Recreation and Park Department staff will begin conducting community outreach to determine how this funding will be invested the park. Preliminary project ideas can be viewed under the Documents & Materials tab below. The 2012 McLaren Vision Plan serves as a framework for our current project proposals.
The 2012 McLaren Park Vision Plan
After two and half years of community outreach, the Recreation and Park Department published the McLaren Park Vision Plan Report in the Spring of 2018. The goals of the Vision Plan were the following:
- Engage the community to develop an identity for McLaren Park
- Build a community-supported vision
- Balance neighborhood and city use while protecting natural features
- Invest the 2012 Bond in priority projects that support a shared vision; and
- Position McLaren Park for future investment.
The complete report can be viewed here Vision Plan Process (PDF) and a summary of the projects that received funding is on page 81. View the Appendix (PDF) for additional details on the outreach process.
If you have questions about the 2020 McLaren Park Project, please email Project Manager, Alexis Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for all your involvement!
If you would like to sign up for updates click here and scroll down to the NewsFlash and select the alerts you would like to receive.
Join us in person to share ideas and prioritize park improvements! . . . Read on...
2020 Bond Documents
- McLaren 2020 Bond Presentation to Portola Neighborhood Association
- McLaren 2020 Bond Presentation 6.15.22
2012 Bond Documents
Recreation & Park Commission
- Attachments (PDF)
- Final Vision Plan Report Appendix (PDF)
- Final Vision Plan Report (PDF)
- Staff Report (PDF)
Amphitheater Focus Area Workshop
Roadways Focus Area Workshop
Group Picnic & Playground Focus Area Workshop 2
Trails & Paths Focus Area Workshop 3
- Framework and Tools Board (PDF)
- Priority Project Area 1 Board (PDF)
- Priority Project Area 2 Board (PDF)
- Priority Project Area 3 Board (PDF)
- Priority Project Area 4 Board (PDF)
Group Picnic Focus Area Workshop 1
- Group Picnic and Playground Boards (PDF)
- Group Picnic and Playground Questionnaire (PDF)
- Vision Plan Summary Sheet (PDF)
- Which Event Have you Attended Sheet (PDF)
Trails & Paths Focus Area Workshop 2
Courts Focus Area Workshop
Trails & Paths Focus Area Workshop 1
- Informational Boards (Chinese) (PDF)
- Informational Boards (English) (PDF)
- Informational Boards (Spanish) (PDF)
- Process and Summary Boards (Chinese) (PDF)
- Process and Summary Boards (English) (PDF)
- Process and Summary Boards (Spanish) (PDF)
- Score Card (Chinese) (PDF)
- Score Card (English) (PDF)
- Score Card (Spanish) (PDF)
- View the Presentation Boards used to inform the decision-making process behind the Game Board: Imagine My McLaren - Game Board (PDF)
- A. What We Heard (PDF)
- B. Site Analysis (PDF)
- C. Activation/Safety (PDF)
- D. Identity Station (PDF)
- E. Programming (PDF)
- F. Points of Interesting (PDF)
- G. Gateway/Edges (PDF)
- H. Connectivity (PDF)