- EXPLORE OUR PARKS
- Park Improvements
- Active Park Projects
- Lake Merced 2012 Bond Project
Lake Merced 2012 Bond Project
Scope of Work
Renovation of pathways on the North side of the lake, from Skyline Boulevard & Harding Road, around to Lake Merced Blvd & Winston Drive. Site improvements to include: grading and drainage, paving, parking striping, retaining walls, adult fitness equipment, site furnishings, irrigation and planting. At the southern portion of the lake along John Muir Boulevard (where the concrete bridge is), new seating and a new outdoor fitness area will be installed, along with related plantings.
- $2 million from the 2012 Parks Bond,
- $1 million from a California Natural Resources Agency Grant secured by California Assemblymen Phil Ting,
- $1 million from the Rec and Park Forestry fund.
|Open to the public||Spring 2024|
If you would like to sign up for updates click here and scroll down to the NewsFlash and select the alerts you would like to receive.
Lake Merced Project Preparing Bid Documents!We are happy to report that the project team is in the process of preparing for . . . Read on...
Lake Merced Joint City Agency Project Updates Meeting February 17th!Please join Recreation and Parks, the Public Utilities Commission (PUC), and the Municipal Transportation Authority (MTA) for a . . . Read on...
TEMPORARY WALKWAY CLOSURE AT LAKE MERCED FEB 2020Trees will be removed as part of the trail and restroom project at Lake Merced beginning Monday, February 17, 2020 Read on...
- Community Meeting 2.17.2022 Presentation.pdf
- Community Meeting Number 4 - Presentation (PDF)
- Community Meeting Number 3 - Presentation (PDF)
- Community Meeting Number 2 - Presentation (PDF)
- Community Meeting Number 1 - Presentation (PDF)
- Community Meeting Number 1 - Handout (PDF)
- Community Meeting Number 1 - Meeting Notes (PDF)