McLaren Park - Vision Plan
The 2020 Health and Recovery Bond included $6 million for capital improvements to McLaren Park under the Citywide Parks Program. Recreation and Park Department staff will conduct community outreach Fall 2022-Summer 2023 to determine how this funding will be invested the park. Preliminary project ideas can be viewed under the Documents & Materials tab below. The McLaren Vision Plan serves as a framework for our current project proposals.
The McLaren Park Vision Plan
After two and half years of community outreach, the Recreation and Park Department published the McLaren Park Vision Plan Report in the Spring of 2018. The goals of the Vision Plan were the following:
- Engage the community to develop an identity for McLaren Park
- Build a community-supported vision
- Balance neighborhood and city use while protecting natural features
- Invest the 2012 Bond in priority projects that support a shared vision; and
- Position McLaren Park for future investment.
The complete report can be viewed here Vision Plan Process (PDF) and a summary of the projects that received funding is on page 81. View the Appendix (PDF) for additional details on the outreach process.
Join us to celebrate the renovation and reopening of Herz Playground on August 24 Read on...
Hello neighbors! We have two important updates to share about John McLaren Park. The McLaren Park Planning Survey has been extended through 8/25/2023 Read on...
A quick construction update on Louis Sutter Playground. We passed our accessibility inspections and construction fencing is coming down soon Read on...
We’ve created a new map-based survey to collect your thoughts on possible programming, infrastructure, and connectivity improvements in John McLaren Park. Please take 15-20 minutes Read on...
The Recreation and Parks Commission will hear the proposed Shelley Promenade Project tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. Read on...
Shelley Promenade Project in McLaren Park | Proposal goes to Recreation and Parks Commission in JuneThe Operations Committee of the Recreation and Parks Commission will hear the proposed Shelley Promenade Project Read on...
The pathway replacement work south of Louis Sutter Playground is almost complete! The new stabilized natural surface trail is Read on...
Thanks to the forty community members who joined us on April 11th for our second virtual community meeting Read on...
Join us for a Virtual Community Meeting on April 11. The project team will share possible project ideas for specific program areas, infrastructure improvements, and Read on...
Come meet your Rec and Park Commissioners at our offsite Commission meeting at Joe Lee Rec Center Read on...
Even with these heavy winter rains, we continue to make progress at Herz Playground. The new sewer lines that serve the Read on...
Amphitheater Focus Area Workshop
Roadways Focus Area Workshop
Group Picnic & Playground Focus Area Workshop 2
Trails & Paths Focus Area Workshop 3
- Framework and Tools Board (PDF)
- Priority Project Area 1 Board (PDF)
- Priority Project Area 2 Board (PDF)
- Priority Project Area 3 Board (PDF)
- Priority Project Area 4 Board (PDF)
Group Picnic Focus Area Workshop 1
- Group Picnic and Playground Boards (PDF)
- Group Picnic and Playground Questionnaire (PDF)
- Vision Plan Summary Sheet (PDF)
- Which Event Have you Attended Sheet (PDF)
Trails & Paths Focus Area Workshop 2
Courts Focus Area Workshop
Trails & Paths Focus Area Workshop 1
- Informational Boards (Chinese) (PDF)
- Informational Boards (English) (PDF)
- Informational Boards (Spanish) (PDF)
- Process and Summary Boards (Chinese) (PDF)
- Process and Summary Boards (English) (PDF)
- Process and Summary Boards (Spanish) (PDF)
- Score Card (Chinese) (PDF)
- Score Card (English) (PDF)
- Score Card (Spanish) (PDF)
- View the Presentation Boards used to inform the decision-making process behind the Game Board: Imagine My McLaren - Game Board (PDF)
- A. What We Heard (PDF)
- B. Site Analysis (PDF)
- C. Activation/Safety (PDF)
- D. Identity Station (PDF)
- E. Programming (PDF)
- F. Points of Interesting (PDF)
- G. Gateway/Edges (PDF)
- H. Connectivity (PDF)