McLaren Park - Louis Sutter Playground ADA Improvements
Scope of Work
This project will remove existing impediments for accessibility according to the Americans with Disabilities Act. The project’s objectives are the following:
- Remove Existing barriers to public accessibility by creating access points, upgrading pathways, correcting slopes and providing clear paths of travel form accessible parking to park attractions.
- Provide accessible parking in the South Parking lot.
- Provide accessible pathway from South Parking lot to drinking fountain and clubhouse.
- Improve the connection from accessible parking to the covered terrace and sports courts.
- Install low retaining walls on improved pathways and & connecting routs between park features.
Funding comes from ADA Fund.
|Construction||Summer 2024/Fall 2024|
|Open to the public||Late 2024|
The southern parking lot and driveway from University Street at Woolsey Street will be closed Wednesday, August 23 through Thursday, August 24 for irrigation and paving repairs. Pedestrian access to the Read on...
A quick construction update on Louis Sutter Playground. We passed our accessibility inspections and construction fencing is coming down soon Read on...
We’ve created a new map-based survey to collect your thoughts on possible programming, infrastructure, and connectivity improvements in John McLaren Park. Please take 15-20 minutes Read on...
The pathway replacement work south of Louis Sutter Playground is almost complete! The new stabilized natural surface trail is Read on...