We're excited for the 14th Annual All-City Jr. Warriors Youth Basketball League beginning on Thursday, January 6, 2022. The league depends on the generosity of volunteers to provide an opportunity for our youth (Ages 5 to 14/Co-ed & Girls Divisions) to learn the game of basketball in a recreational, supportive, and safe environment.
Registration for the 2022 SFRPD Jr. Warriors League will open at 10 a.m. on Monday, November 1, 2021. Here are the instructions to register your team(s) or individual players:
Registration for teams
1. Go to sfrecpark.org/register.
2. Click “Create an Account” on the top right corner of the page, if you don’t already have one.
3. Please enter Activity #31515 and follow the steps.
4. You can choose to pay right away or before November 16, 2021, to be included on the schedule.
6. Please note, we will NOT be able to accommodate as many teams this season as we have in the past. Team Registration will close on November 15, 2021 or once we’re full, whichever comes first.
$475 per team. Failure to pay or submit initial rosters (at least 7 players, no more than 12) and team information may result in that team not being included in the game schedules. We will reach out to those who register first.
ALL INDEPENDENT TEAMS WILL NOW REQUIRE THEIR OWN REVERISABLE JERSEYS “AWAY (DARK) & HOME (LIGHT)” WHEN SEASON STARTS.
*We don't have any for sale and you're welcome to use your old Jr. Warriors Jerseys.
Registration for co-ed individuals
Registration will open Monday, November 1 at 10 a.m. and close on Monday, November 15 at 5 p.m., or once we’re full, whichever comes first.
If you have registered in our SF Recreation and Parks programs before, please proceed to login and enroll in the course that is best for your Jr. Warrior!
If not, sign up and join us on the courts today!
Our Jr. Warriors League depends on the generosity of volunteers to provide an opportunity for our youth (Kindergarten - 8th Grade) to learn the game of basketball in a recreational, supportive, and safe environment.
One of our greatest needs is for volunteer coaches at all levels of play. We are grateful that you have expressed an interest in volunteering. Coaching can be a rewarding experience for parents, families, and other community supporters.
If you are interested in becoming a coach/assistant coach, you do not need to have a high level of experience in basketball. Our league offers a variety of resources to help with this task including, an annual coaching clinic and experienced coaches who are more than happy to provide advice.
Positions available are:
- Basketball Coach- Provides an enjoyable and safe positive sporting experience for participants while they learn individual and team game skills, sportsmanship, and fair play.
- Basketball Assistant Coach- Assists the Head Basketball coach with conducting & instructing players, motivating players, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Basketball Referee - Referees are needed to enforce the rules of the game, while still providing a safe and positive atmosphere for all.
- Basketball Scorekeeper - maintain accurate tally and time sheets of games
All Basketball volunteers agree to support and influence good sportsmanship, high moral standards and are responsible for the conduct of their players and spectators.
Per SF Department of Public Health Guidelines, ALL players, coaches, referees, staff, and spectators will be required to wear masks while inside the gyms, except when drinking (no food is allowed). All players (12 and older), coaches, referees and staff will have to show proof of COVID-19 Vaccination in order to join the league. All spectators will have to show proof in order to enter any of the gyms. We’ll be sure to keep you posted about how we plan to implement this and if/when those guidelines change.
Only coaches who have passed an SFRPD Background Check in the past 5 years - and provided proof of their COVID-19 Vaccination - will be able to participate. The list of Approved Coaches will be at each site and coaches will be asked to show picture ID prior to each game, confirming their names are on that list.
The Final Game Schedule will be published mid-December
The games will be held each Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (depending on division) from January 6th through February 26th, with no breaks, at 8-10 different rec centers throughout the city.
Pre-Season Coaches’ Meeting
Our annual Pre-Season Coaches’ Meeting will be held via Zoom on the evening of Friday, 12/17. Teams will be able to pick up their team jerseys from Sunset Rec Center that week.
Given current restrictions, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to provide any indoor spaces for practices during the season. Outdoor practice spaces may be available starting in January for an additional fee. We’ll keep you posted.
For more information, contact the following staff members:
Jack Situ, Youth Sports Coordinator
(415) 794-4000 | jack.situ @sfgov.org
Chibuzo Emeka, Co-Director
(415) 307-3745 | firstname.lastname@example.org