- FIND A PROGRAM
- Recreation Programs
- Jr. Warriors
We're excited for the 15th Annual All-City Jr. Warriors Youth Basketball League beginning on Thursday - January 5th, 2023 and ending with Championships on Saturday - February 25th, 2023.
The league depends on the generosity of volunteers to provide an opportunity for our youth (Ages 5 to 14/Co-ed & ALL Girls Divisions (if enough teams join)) to learn the game of basketball in a recreational, supportive, and safe environment. All Girls divisions are possible
Registration for the 2023 SFRPD Jr. Warriors League will open at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, November 1, 2022. Here are the instructions to register your team(s) or individual players:
Registration for teams - $500
1. Go to sfrecpark.org/register.
2. Click “Create an Account” on the top right corner of the page, if you don’t already have one.
3. Please enter Activity #34677 and follow the steps.
4. You can choose to pay right away or before November 15, 2022, to be included on the schedule.
5. ONLY After registering your team(s) and completing payment, please check for a link to submit your roster after paying. We will reach out to those who registered on a first come first serve basis.
6. Please note, we will NOT be able to accommodate as many teams this season as we have in the past. Team Registration will close on November 15, 2022 or once we’re full, whichever comes first.
Failure to pay or submit initial rosters (at least 7 players, no more than 12) and team information may result in that team not being included in the game schedules. We will reach out to those who register first.
ALL INDEPENDENT TEAMS WILL NOW REQUIRE THEIR OWN REVERISABLE JERSEYS “AWAY (DARK) & HOME (LIGHT)” WHEN SEASON STARTS.
*We don't have any for sale and you're welcome to use your old Jr. Warriors Jerseys.
Registration for co-ed individuals - $95
Registration will open Tuesday, November 1st at 10 a.m. and close on Monday, November 15 at 5 p.m., or once we’re full, whichever comes first.
If you have registered in our SF Recreation and Parks programs before, please proceed to login and enroll in the course that is best for your Jr. Warrior!
If not, sign up and join us on the courts today!
Our Jr. Warriors League depends on the generosity of volunteers to provide an opportunity for our youth (Kindergarten - 8th Grade) to learn the game of basketball in a recreational, supportive, and safe environment.
One of our greatest needs is for volunteer coaches at all levels of play. We are grateful that you have expressed an interest in volunteering. Coaching can be a rewarding experience for parents, families, and other community supporters.
If you are interested in becoming a coach/assistant coach, you do not need to have a high level of experience in basketball. Our league offers a variety of resources to help with this task including, an annual coaching clinic and experienced coaches who are more than happy to provide advice.
Positions available are:
- Basketball Coach- Provides an enjoyable and safe positive sporting experience for participants while they learn individual and team game skills, sportsmanship, and fair play.
- Basketball Assistant Coach- Assists the Head Basketball coach with conducting & instructing players, motivating players, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Basketball Referee - Referees are needed to enforce the rules of the game, while still providing a safe and positive atmosphere for all.
- Basketball Scorekeeper - maintain accurate tally and time sheets of games
All Coaches must have passed an SFRPD Volunteer Background Check (Eligible for 5 years), show proof of COVID-19 Vaccination, and show proof of completion of annually Mandated Reporter and Concussion Awareness Training in order to participate. Each coach will be required to show a picture ID and confirm that his or her name is on our official list before each game begins.
For new coaches, please fill out the SFRPD Volunteer Application and send a digital copy along with a picture of your Photo ID to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please sure to indicate which team(s) your coaching. Their office will have drop-in fingerprinting appointments every Wednesday and Friday from 10:00am-1:00pm and Saturday from 11:00am-3:00pm. Please complete this step as soon as possible to avoid a back-up around the holidays.
Visit our volunteer webpage to sign up!
We also annually requiring all coaches to become a Mandated Reporter before the season starts - https://www.mandatedreporterca.com/training/volunteers
The games will be held each Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (depending on division) from January 5th through February 25th, with no breaks, at 8-10 different rec centers throughout the city.
Pre-Season Coaches’ Meeting
Our annual Pre-Season Coaches’ Meeting will be held via Zoom on the evening of Friday, 12/16.
Practice locations through Rec and Park system are extremely limited this winter season. Please see a list of available outdoor basketball court sites that are first come, first serve. FYI: Upper Noe is unavailable on Mondays from 6pm – 9pm due to permitted adult group fitness.
For more information, contact the following staff members:
Jack Situ, Youth Sports Coordinator
(415) 794-4000 | jack.situ @sfgov.org
Chibuzo Emeka, Co-Director
(415) 307-3745 | email@example.com