Gymnasium Rental Information
Gymnasium rentals will be available soon. Please check back for updates.
The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department has gymnasiums in recreation centers available for rent. Availability for outside rentals is limited due to San Francisco Recreation and Park programs and open gym times. Review available gymnasium locations under the Gymnasium Rental Directory to discover important details for each site.
How to Apply
Once you have found the perfect location for your event you can complete a Gymnasium Request Application.
When to Apply
Gymnasiums are reserved on specific dates for a specific window of time:
- Reservations for Winter (January 6, 2020 to March 16, 2020) can first be requested on Wednesday, November 14, 2019.
- Reservations for the Spring (March 17, 2020 to June 7, 2020) can first be requested on Wednesday, January 22, 2020.
- Reservations for the Summer (June 8, 2020 to August 16, 2020) can first be requested on Wednesday, April 8, 2020.
- Reservations for the Fall (August 17, 2020 to January 4, 2021) can first be requested on Wednesday, June XX, 2020
- Reservations for the Winter (January 4, 2021 to March 13, 2021) can first be requested on Wednesday, November XX, 2021.
Indoor rentals require a security deposit starting at $250. The security deposit is to ensure that all terms of the permit are followed including the requirement to clean the site after use and remove all trash.
Cancellations and Changes
For rentals less than $1,000 in facility fees, any changes or cancellations must be made at least 10 business days prior to the event date. For rentals of $1,000 or more in facility fees, any changes or cancellations must be at least one month prior to the event date. In the case of any authorized cancellation or change there will also be a fee of the higher of $29 or 20% of the fee. In addition, if you would like a refund (as opposed to a credit to your account), there will be a refund fee of the higher of $14 or 20% of the refund amount. There are no changes or cancellations allowed after the above deadlines.