Spotery Draft is a platform used by Permits & Reservations to fairly allocate field space to users. It is a product of the City’s Startup in Residence (STIR) program, launched in 2014 by the Mayor's Office, which facilitates partnerships between City Departments and early stage tech companies to solve civic problems. While Spotery’s core business is a marketplace for facility rentals, a new platform was custom-built for our department. Today, our use closely resembles that of a college course selection system—users get a randomized window of time to log in and pick from available field options. www.spotery.com/site/sfrp
Recently, SFRPD has also started using Spotery to allow the public to make tennis court reservations.
For full instructions on how to use Spotery Draft, please refer to our Spotery Draft User Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my team get a second practice?
- All teams get one practice first. Depending on sport, team age and field availability, some teams may receive a second practice. Advanced notice will be given to teams that are eligible for a second practice.
How do I see the layout of a field?
- You can see a list of field maps here: https://sfrecpark.org/525/Individual-Field-Maps. For a general directory of all our athletic fields please visit our Field Directory: https://sfrecpark.org/735/Athletic-Field-Directory but not all fields will be available in the actual draft.
What is the Authorized Drafter?
- The Authorized Drafter is the one person designated to make a pick for your team. This one person is typically assigned by an athletic director or team manager through the Authorized Drafter ID Form. There can only be one Authorized Drafter per team.
Can I change the Authorized Drafter for my team?
- No, once a draft has launched, we cannot change the Authorized Drafter. Only the Authorized Drafter's email is linked to the team so that is the only account that can draft. You can always share the Authorized Drafter's log-in credentials with someone else if you are unable to draft.
I missed my draft time. What can I do?
- If you missed your draft time, we may be able to open it back up if it is the same day. Please contact your Spotery representative. If we cannot open it back up, you will be able to draft during the Repick Round.
What is the Repick Round?
- The Repick Round occurs once the draft has ended. During this time, all teams' draft windows will be reopened and you can go in to change your field slot if you wish to do so. Teams who missed their draft time can also draft during this time. The Repick round is open for a limited time. You will be notified in advance of when the Repick round will take place. Most of the time, it will be 1-2 days after the draft has ended.
I did not receive the e-mail to verify my account. What do I do?
- It should take no more than 2 minutes for you to receive the email. If you did not receive it, check your e-mail spam folder first. If that did not work, it is very likely that your firewall and/or internet service provider is blocking the email from coming through. In that case, please contact your Spotery rep and we will see if we can validate your account on our end.
I forgot my password.
- To reset your password, click log-in on the upper right and the link for Forgot Password. You should get an e-mail for instructions on how to reset your password.
I did not receive the e-mail to reset my password. What do I do?
- It should take no more than 2 minutes for you to receive the email. If you did not receive it, check your e-mail spam folder first. If that did not work, it is very likely that your firewall and/or internet service provider is blocking the email from coming through. In that case, please contact your Spotery representative and we can see if we can validate your account on our end.
What is a Mock Draft?
- The Mock Draft is a practice (test) draft intended to give you the opportunity to test out the Spotery system so you can understand how it works. The Mock Draft is optional and does not count—it has fake field slots. We highly suggest you participate in the Mock Draft if you are a first-time Spotery Draft user.
How do I register With Spotery?
- In order to register with Spotery, go to www.spotery.com/sfrp. On the upper right corner, click Sign-Up. Then fill out your name, e-mail, and enter a password. Then verify that you are not a robot and you can click Register. Remember: YOU CAN ONLY REGISTER USING THE EMAIL OF THE AUTHORIZED DRAFTER. Using any other e-mail will not work. Once you click Register, you should get an e-mail from Spotery asking you to verify your account. Click on the link within and then you should be good to go. You are now registered and can log in.
What if I want to change my pick?
- If you want to change your pick and your draft time window is still open, you can go into the draft and Deselect your pick. Then just click Select on the new slot you want. Then click Yes and then the green Done button on the bottom. If your draft time has ended, you will have to wait until the Repick Round to change your selection.
How do I know if I picked a field?
- To see what field slot you picked, click on My Teams. Under each team, you should see a small checkmark and the field slot you picked. You will not get a confirmation e-mail of your pick.
How can I see what other teams picked?
- To see what other teams picked, click on Fields Drafted. Scroll down and you can see what the other teams picked. You can also click Dashboard and you will see a real time view of all fields and at what percentages they are being selected..
How can I see all the teams?
- To see all teams participating in the draft, click on All Teams. You can also see their draft times. Please note: The teams are not in draft time order.
- Please contact your Spotery representative and be sure to provide your team name and age group.