GGP - Stow Lake Boathouse Picnic Area
Park Picnic Area Information
Stow Lake is one of the headline attractions of Golden Gate Park - and its lovely picnic spot can be yours for a party! Looking across at the waterfall and listening to the ducks, your friends and family will have a great time at the Stow Lake picnic area. After snacks, go rent a paddleboat and join the fun on the lake itself!
50 Stow Lake Drive
San Francisco, CA 94102
Picnic & Party Features
- The entire set of eight picnic tables and two BBQ grills at Stow Lake is reservable for a party. The picnic area is located at the far end of the parking lot, across from the Boathouse. The tables are each marked with a Park number.
- Restrooms are located onsite.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at the Stow Lake Boathouse picnic area, but kegs and liquor are not. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- There is a grassy area in between the picnic tables, but it is not big enough for most lawn games or sports
- The picnic area at Stow Lake is on Stow Lake Drive, at the far end of the parking lot across from the Boathouse. On Saturdays (April to September) and Sundays (year-round), no cars are allowed on JFK Drive; access is only from MLK Drive
Reservable Picnic Areas
Yes; 8 8-foot tables and 2 grills reservable from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Yes - Lot Available -Limited Availability
Additional Park Picnic Area Information
- Alcohol: Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor
- BBQ Allowed:
- Jumpers Allowed: Not Allowed
- Restrooms: Yes
- Capacity: 75
View the Picnic Area Map page to see a map of the area.
Reservation Fees & Details
View our Picnic and Impact Fees