GGP - Pioneer East Meadow Picnic Area
Park Picnic Area Information
Just across the plane tree-shaded walkway from the Pioneer Log Cabin picnic site, the shallow grassy bowl of Pioneer East opens up. Underneath the wide skies of this pretty central pocket of the park, Pioneer East offers your party plenty of room to play!
569 John F. Kennedy (JFK) Drive
San Francisco, CA 94118
Pioneer East Meadow is on the south side of JFK Drive, just east of the start of Stow Lake Drive. Its western edge is the walkway near the Pioneer Log Cabin lawn. There is no sign marking the Pioneer East Meadow. On Saturdays (April to September) and Sundays (year-round), no cars are allowed on JFK Drive.
Picnic & Party Features
- Bring your own blanket or chairs - 3 tables are provided at Pioneer East Meadow and you are welcome to bring your own small gas grill.
- Restrooms are located directly across the street at the 14th Avenue East picnic site or at Stow Lake.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at Pioneer East Meadow, but kegs and liquor are not. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Jump! Inflatable play structures are welcome (additional permit required). No electricity is provided.
- Pioneer East Meadow offers a large grassy area, so spread out and play some games! There is space for lawn games, volleyball, or a small kickball game.
Reservable Picnic Areas
Yes; 3 8-foot tables reservable from 9a.m. to 6 p.m.
Street - limited availability
Additional Park Picnic Area Information
- Alcohol: Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor
- BBQ Allowed: Not Provided - Bring Your Own Gas Grill
- Jumpers Allowed: Yes - Additional Permit Required
- Restrooms: Yes - Closest at 14th Avenue Meadow
View the Picnic Area Map page to see a map of the area.
Reservation Fees & Details
View our Picnic and Impact Fees