GGP-Stow Lake South Side Lawn Picnic Area
Park Picnic Area Information
Stow Lake is one of the headline attractions of Golden Gate Park — and its lovely picnic spot can be yours for a party! Your friends and family will have a great time at the Stow Lake south side lawn picnic area. After snacks, go rent a paddle boat and join the fun on the lake.
Stow Lake Drive
San Francisco, CA 94122
Picnic & Party Features
- B.Y.O. blanket or chairs — No picnic tables or BBQ grills are provided at Stow Lake south side lawn
- Restrooms are located at the Stow Lake Boathouse parking lot.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at the Stow Lake south side lawn picnic area, but kegs and liquor are not. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Inflatable play structures (a.k.a. jumpy houses) are not permitted.
Reservable Picnic Areas
Yes; No tables, grass area only.
Street - limited availability
Additional Park Picnic Area Information
- Alcohol: Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor
- BBQ Allowed: Not Allowed
- Jumpers Allowed: Not Allowed
- Restrooms: Stow Lake parking lot restrooms
View the Picnic Area Map page to see a map of the area.
Reservation Fees & Details
View our Picnic and Impact Fees