Special Event Fees
The following is a summary of the typical basic fees for special events. Please complete a Special Event Application and we will assist you in determining total fees.
Other Sites: $1.39/person times venue capacity
* To be eligible for nonprofit fee, entity sponsoring a running event must be a not for profit.
** Minimum fee for event involving amplified sound is $734
***Community focused, no financial benefits to organizers
****No new special events. Returning community events only.
Amplified Sound Fees and Procedures
The minimum venue fee for any event involving amplified sound is $734
Amplified sound fee is $88 for non profit and $630 for commercial event
Amplified sound may also include costs of Park Patrol to monitor sound level depending on venue
Special additional application required:
Amplified Sound Application
- Race Fees in Park: $1.52 per runner
- Walk Fees in Park: $0.76 per walker
- Ground Regeneration Fees: Depends on location and number of participant
Events Requiring Road Closures in Park
- $1.52 per participant plus cost of Park Patrol to assist with road closure
- Requires outreach to neighbors and coordination with MUNI, SFPD and DPT also required
- 5% of any concession sales
Staff Reimbursement – This can include a variety of different staff:
- Park Patrol to monitor event activities
- Gardener Supervisors to review set up of site, to inspect site after the event and to make any necessary repairs
- Custodial to provide additional janitorial service during the event and for post event clean up.
Gated Event: 25% of ticket sales
Amateur Events – no admission charge: Weekdays – $235; Weekends $313 (non-holiday)