Golden Gate Park - Portals of the Past
The white marble archway and columns of the Portals of the Past offer a regal touch to a Golden Gate Park wedding at Lloyd Lake. Dreamy visions of a waterfall help set the mood of a walk down the aisle surrounded by the thickness of enchanting greenery.
J.F. Kennedy Drive and 23rd Avenue in Golden Gate Park
- Reservation Fee: $303
- Hourly Rate (2 Hour Minimum): $76
- Staff Salary (per hour): Not Applicable
- Refundable Cleaning/Damage Deposit: $500
- Note: The hourly fee for outdoor weddings is waived for Veterans who are San Francisco residents. The reservation fee applies. “Veteran” shall mean a person who is currently serving in the active military, naval, air, or space service, or who has completed such service and was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable consistent with Section 101(2) of Title 38 of the United States Code, as it may be amended from time to time. Proof of Veteran status and proof of San Francisco residency is required.
Wedding Site Features
- Limited accessibility. All dirt paths and gravel paths leading to this wedding site.
- Standing only works best at this wedding site. Only 20 chairs could fit in front of the “portals,” which are white Greek inspired pillars, located in front of a man made lake.
- Guest Area pathway is approximately 100 feet by 10 feet.
- Chairs and tables are not provided at this site.
- Max capacity for this site is 100 people.
- Amplified Sound is not allowed at this location.
- Parking is open to the public; limited availability.
- Closest Restrooms: Across the street, located in Hellman Hollow on JFK Drive and 25th Avenue
- Reservations can be made one year in advance of the event date.
- Reservations have a two hour minimum and are always on the full hour.
- Renters are responsible for bagging and removing all garbage off site, upon completion of the rental, and departure from the park.
John F. Kennedy Drive and 23rd Avenue across from Hellman Hollow.
Wedding Site Information
- Reception Allowed: No
- Parking: Yes
- Restrooms: No
- Indoor Area: No