This is an update on the renovation of South Park as of November 23, 2016:
We are 80% complete with the renovation. At one point last month, we experienced a significant setback because of an issue with the storm water/sewer line in addition to a delay in the delivery of the playground equipment. We’ve since solved both issues, but the delay of connecting the storm water line to the sewer line delayed our ability to lay the sod when we had planned.
Once we’re able to lay the sod (in the near future), we expect it to establish in February. Construction has resumed and pending no significant rain delays, we anticipate opening the park February 2017.
Here is a full list of remaining tasks for the project:
- Installation of the playground structure; pieces of the giant web arrived on site last week.
- Utility line: storm water to manhole sewer connection on (south) Jack London Alley, expect street closures
- Sod and plants installation; establishment takes approximately eight weeks
- Installation of park amenities, including drinking fountain
- Pedestrian access curb cuts, concrete
- Bulb outs and traffic calming asphalt stamping
- Installation of signage and interpretive panels
Thank you for your continued patience and support. We look forward to the opening of South Park!