The iconic Jerry Garcia Amphitheater at McLaren Park features a variety of local performers and varied music genres from August 9 to October 11, 2014.
Situated on a sunny hillside meadow and surrounded by tall shade trees, the Jerry Garcia Amphitheatre creates an intimate, friendly setting, allowing for the talents of these artists to truly shine. Concert goers can bring the family and a picnic lunch away from the “hustle and bustle” for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon. All concerts are free and start at 1 pm.
2014 Saturday in the Park Schedule
- August 9: The season opener features, Bluegrass, Classic Rock and R&B Show with Back Porch, The Michael Ahern Band and The Eddie Neon Project
- August 16: A Day of International Music & Dancers features Maikaze Daiko,The Kapalakiko Hawaiian Band and the Duniya Dance & Drum Company
- August 23: Blues, Funk & Soul Show With Tia Carroll & Alvon Johnson & The All-Star Band
- September 27: Charity and the JAMBand – A High-Energy, Fun Children’s Sing-Along & Dance Concert
- October 4: Singer/Songwriter Showcase – A Tribute to Pete Seeger, with songs and music by Karney, Rocker T, Katie Garibaldi, Ray Vaughn, The Devil’s Chord & Pete Kronowitt
- October 11: The season finale featuring: Celtic Jam Band, Wake The Dead; Bluegrass band, The Beauty Operators and Delmarva, with original instrumental rock.