The EcoCenter at Heron’s Head is a space for environmental education, public outreach, and helping people connect with the beauty of San Francisco’s wild landscapes through education, recreation and leisure activities. The space is an off-the grid facility with its own solar energy system, living roof, sustainable building materials, on-site wastewater treatment and rainwater harvesting and reuse. The reservable classroom within the EcoCenter is approximately 20 x 17. The maximum number of occupants is 55. The classroom is naturally lit with views of Lash Lighter Basin and peaks of the Bay Bridge. The adjacent patio can accommodate another 50-60 people. The facility was certified LEED Platinum by the United States Green Building Council as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) in 2013. It is owned and maintained by the Port of San Francisco and operated by SF Rec and Park.
Rules and Regulations:
- Apply all RPD standard Indoor Rules and regulations.
- Amplified sound must not be heard 120 feet from the building.
- All rentals that would require a Building permit, Encroachment Permit of Special Event Permit from the Port are not considered.
- Require all renters to obtain appropriate insurance if relevant.
- Fees do not include include clean-up. The EcoCenter is a leave-no-trace facility therefore all renters must clean-up after themselves and bag and take all of their refuse off-site park premises. The Heron’s Head Park dumpsters are not for public use and trash left there is considered illegal dumping.
- EcoCenter staff will help orient renters and provide a brief tour of the facility but will not help with set-up or clean-up.
- Storage and delivery of supplies before or after and event is not allowed.
- EcoCenter Staff will not sign or receive items on rentals behalf.
- Reservations have a 2 hr minimum including set-up and clean-up time needed by renter. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE, SET-UP & BREAK-DOWN: The permittee is only allowed on site during the time for which they have reserved. There are no pre-setup or break-down time frames.
- NO REFUNDS DUE TO RAIN AND/OR INCLEMENT WEATHER
- VEHICLES: Vehicles are NOT permitted beyond Heron’s Head Park’s Parking lot. Vehicles must be parked on the street or Heron’s Head Park Parking Lot. Be prepared to walk and transport your load about 120 yards to the front of the building.
- The EcoCenter resides in a Heron’s Head Park-a sensitive habitat rich in history and home to hundreds of birds and mammals. Therefore, it’s important that all renters respect the sites ecosystem and avoid usage of balloons, confetti, pinatas, glitter, silly string, rice, flower petals, bird seeds etc as a celebratory toss or prop.
- Due to the sensitive facility and unique on-site WasteWater System, permitted folks are required to use eco-friendly products to clean-up space at the very least plain water.
- Tampons, diapers and wipes of all kinds are not to be deposited in the toilets. Doing so will back-up toilets and have potential damaging effects on the on-site wastewater system.
- Reservation fee is $50 dollars an hour during normal business hours: Wednesday to Sunday 9:30am-3:30p.
- All rentals outside of regular business hours of will incur an additional staff fee of $25/hr.
- Reservations can be made 90 days in advance.
To reserve this facility, please complete an online application.
|Location:||32 Jennings St, San Francisco, CA 94124|
|Dimensioned Map:||ECOCENTER AT HERON’S HEAD PARK Dimensions|