San Francisco Parks & Recreation is partnering with Wilderness Inquiry’s Canoemobile to provide place-based learning experiences for students and transition age youth with cognitive disabilities. This year’s events will take place from 4/12-4/15. We are inviting schools to join us for a week-day event. During these events, students (4th grade and older) will paddle large Voyageur canoes (with trained outdoor educators) and learn firsthand about their waterway by engaging with national agencies and local community organizations. Dates and locations:
- Tuesday, April 12 – Lake Merced
- Wednesday, April 13 – Lake Merced
- Thursday, April 14 – Lake Merced
- Friday, April 15 – Lake Merced
To sign up or for more information contact:
- If you have any questions, you can contact Lucas Tobin (email@example.com) or Ashley Pethan (Ashley@wildernessinquiry.org) to make a reservation
Special Saturday event with Mobile Rec!
On Saturday, April 23, the entire community will have a chance to attend and participate in a Canoemobile and Mobile Recreation experience. Free canoe rides and outdoor activities will be available for everyone at India Basin Waterfront Park. No registration necessary for this event.