The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department cares for and stewards many of the city’s most beautiful and cherished landscapes. Each of these parks contributes immeasurably towards our quality of life in the city, and helps to define each neighborhood’s identity. One of our citywide serving parks include Golden Gate Park.
Golden Gate Park alone is estimated to need over $500 million in capital investment to renovate and improve park features. The 2012 Bond Citywide Parks program allocates $9 million for Golden Gate Park. These funds can be used for capital improvements at these parks such as:
- Restoration of natural features, including lakes, meadows, and landscapes
- Recreational Assets, such as playgrounds, playfields, courts, and picnic areas
- Connectivity and Access, such as roads, pedestrian safety, paths, and trails
- Natural features, such as lakes, meadows, and landscapes
- Habitat for the park’s many species of plants and animals
More details on our Golden Gate Park Projects: