Come work at Camp Mather in the High Sierra this summer!Job Responsibilities
Working Conditions, Prior Experience and Schedule
Camp Mather is located in the High Sierra. Room and board is provided for employees. Camp Assistants will have at least one roommate, housing is for employees only, and pets are not allowed. No transportation is provided to and from Camp Mather. Employees working both indoors and outdoors are exposed to high temperatures, and will regularly encounter bugs and insects. Previous paid or volunteer experience with San Francisco Recreation and Park does not guarantee future employment. The basic workweek is six (6) days, as needed, and comprises a variety of shifts as well as weekends and evenings. Overtime may be required.
In 2018 there will be three (3) periods of employment at Camp Mather as follows:
1. Startup Session: Certain employees may be scheduled to work through or during any part of Startup Session, which begins on May 4 (orientation)and continues with the start of camp setup on May 20; and
2. Summer Session: The majority of employees may be scheduled to work through or during any part of Summer Session, which begins on June 1 and ends on August 18; and
3. Special/Close-down Session: Certain employees may be scheduled to work through or during any part of Special/Close-down Session, which begins on August 19 and ends on September 23.
Under supervision, Camp Assistants work with all staff to ensure that guests experience a sense of community and enjoy a wonderful vacation. This position requires a high level of physical effort as well as strong customer-service skills.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties
1. Participates in the staff talent show and staff versus guest athletic activities;
2. Works steam tables, serves food, buses tables, washes and stacks dishes, and cleans flatware;
3. Cleans cabins and other facilities, including sweeping and mopping floors, washing windows and scrubbing washrooms;
4. Cleans the grounds;
5. Unloads and loads trucks, and moves furniture and supplies; and
6. Helps the Chef, Cooks and Assistant Cooks.
1. High School graduate or equivalent as of 30 June 2019 and Be Age 18 due to the shared living spaces
2. Ability to work with people of all ages, backgrounds and beliefs;
3. Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form;
4. Good physical condition and ability to lift up to 50 pounds;
5. Present a neat and clean appearance at all times;
6. Ability to relate to guests in a friendly and helpful manner; and
7. For certain kitchen staff: ServSafe certificate or California Food Handler Card.
1. CPR-FPR/AED certification;
2. First Aid certification;
3. Citizen or Neighborhood Emergency Response Team Training; and
4. ServSafe certificate or California Food Handler Card.
ServSafe certificate or California Food Handler Card.To apply for this position: