Below is a summary of the recent construction activities associated with the Playground Renovation project:
- The Contractor has completed the rough grading, with the exception of the hillside just south of the play area where new irrigation lines connecting the new system to the existing are yet to be installed.
- Excavation for the foundation footings is complete.
- Trenching and installation of subsurface utilities is in progress.
Below is a forecast of construction activities anticipated in the coming one to two weeks:
- A new boulder retaining wall is being mocked-up using an alternative stone material. The decision to go with a quarried stone, rather than a field stone, was made in order to achieve a tighter more uniform wall assembly.
- The Contractor will begin installation of the rebar for the retaining walls.
- Concrete pours for the footings and retaining walls will begin.
- Active irrigation main-lines running within the area of work will be re-routed to outside the fenced area.
- Trenching for the connection to the City sewer line that runs under Dolores Street will commence.