- This event has passed.
John McLaren Park Habitat Restoration Volunteer Project
August 10 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 10:00 am on day Second of the month, repeating until June 30, 2020
Come join the Natural Resource Division in a recurring habitat restoration volunteer project at John McLaren Park. Explore the biological diversity of San Francisco’s second largest park. Get to know one of our favorite gems in the city. Volunteer activities include weeding restoration sites and planting maintenance. The event will occur rain or shine.
- Minimum volunteer age is 12 years old
- Volunteer tasks include weeding and plant maintenance
- Please wear close-toed shoes and appropriate clothing for physical work
- Tools and gloves will be provided
- Light snacks will be offered
- Please meet at the large parking lot off John Shelley Drive at 21 John F. Shelly Drive by 10 AM sharp. Staff will escort volunteers to the project site.
To register for this volunteer opportunity, please click on the “REGISTER” button above, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 415-831-6884 and press “1”.
October’s McLaren Park volunteer project will be moved to the Golden Gate Park Nursery. November returns to business as usual. Nursery meeting location details are available on request.