John McLaren Park Habitat Restoration Volunteer Project
December 14 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm| Free
Come join the Natural Resource Division in a recurring habitat restoration volunteer project at John McLaren Park. Explore the biological diversity of San Francisco’s second largest park. Get to know one of our favorite gems in the city. Volunteer activities include weeding restoration sites and planting maintenance. The event will occur rain or shine.
- Minimum volunteer age is 12 years old
- Weather permitting, volunteers will assist the NRD gardeners in planting. If rain falls on this date, planting will be postponed to the next volunteer workparty.
- Please wear close-toed shoes and appropriate clothing for physical work
- Tools and gloves will be provided
- Light snacks will be offered
- Please meet at the large parking lot off John Shelley Drive at 21 John F. Shelly Drive by 10 AM sharp. Staff will escort volunteers to the project site.
To register for this volunteer opportunity, please click on the “REGISTER” button above, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 415-831-6884 and press “1”.
October’s McLaren Park volunteer project will be moved to the Golden Gate Park Nursery. November returns to business as usual. Nursery meeting location details are available on request.