- This event has passed.
Legion of Honor Volunteer Project
October 12, 2013 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 9:00am on day Second of the month, repeating until June 30, 2019
Volunteering with the Friends of the Legion of Honor offers a unique opportunity to participate in the maintenance of the formal gardens surrounding one of the most visited museums on the West Coast. Please wear a long-sleeved shirt, long pants and closed-toe footwear. Tools provided by RPD gardeners. Light refreshments provided by the Legion Cafè. Meet on the front stairs of the museum. To register for this volunteer event, please fill-in the form below, or RSVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 415-831-6333.
Volunteers who participate in Legion of Honor gardening workparties more than six times within a calendar year will receive the full benefits of being a Fine Arts Museum volunteer, including:
- Free admission to the permanent collection galleries and most special exhibitions at both the de Young and the Legion of Honor.
- Access to lectures, special tours, educational programs, and previews of special exhibitions
- Discounts at Museum Stores and Cafés
- Annual Appreciation Luncheon
- Knowledge about the Museums’ history, operations, and artwork
For more information on this and other volunteer opportunities at the museum, please visit the Legion of Honor website.