Golden Gate Park Oak Woodlands Habitat Restoration Volunteer Project
July 11, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 10:00 am on day Second of the month, repeating until August 31, 2020
One event on December 14, 2019 at 10:00 am
Join this knowledgeable group of volunteers and San Francisco Recreation and Park Natural Resource Division in restoring Golden Gate Park’s native oak woodlands. Learn about the importance of our oak woodlands and the wildlife they support. Meet some of the oldest trees in the city. For more information regarding the volunteer project please contact Friends of Oak Woodlands site steward Robert Bakewell at 415-710-9617or email@example.com.
September’s Oak Woodlands volunteer project will be moved to the Golden Gate Park Nursery. October returns to business as usual. Nursery meeting location details are available on request.
- Minimum Volunteer Age: 12 years and older
- Volunteer Tasks: weeding and plant maintenance
- Attire: Wear close-toed shoes and appropriate clothing for physical work
- Tools and gloves will be provided
- Refreshments: Light snacks will be offered
- Meet on the Conservatory of Flowers steps at 100 John F. Kennedy Drive by 10 AM sharp. Staff will escort volunteers to the project site.
To register for this volunteer opportunity, please click on the REGISTER button above, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 415-831-6884 and press “1”.