- This event has passed.
Glen Canyon Habitat Restoration Volunteer Project
March 18, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
An event every month that begins at 9:00 am on day Third of the month, repeating until July 31, 2019
Join the Friends of Glen Canyon Park and the Natural Resource Division for our monthly volunteer project. While helping to preserve diverse habitats in this naturally occurring canyon, you will learn from our staff naturalists about the ecology of the canyon, Islais Creek, riparian, scrub and grassland plant communities.
- The minimum volunteer age is 12 years old
- Volunteer tasks include weeding invasive radish and maintaining plantings
- Wear close-toed shoes and appropriate clothing for physical work
- Tools and gloves will be provided
- Light snacks will be offered
- Meet on Alms Road which is just north of the Glen Canyon Recreation Facility. The recreation center is at 70 Elk Street.
Please RSVP by clicking on the REGISTER button above, or emailing email@example.com or call 415-831-6884 and press “1”.
October’s Glen Canyon volunteer project will be moved to the Golden Gate Park Nursery. November returns to business as usual. Nursery meeting location details are available on request.