- This event has passed.
Corona Heights Habitat Restoration Volunteer Project
February 25, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 10:00 am on day Last of the month, repeating until June 29, 2019
One event on November 17, 2018 at 10:00 am
One event on December 29, 2018 at 10:00 am
One event on July 27, 2019 at 10:00 am
Come explore this neighborhood park and its spectacular views of San Francisco’s hilltops, patches of green, and skyline. Join the Natural Resource Division and volunteers from the Gay and Lesbian Sierrans as we work to protect wild flowers and bunch grasses by weeding invasive plants. The event will occur rain or shine.
- The minimum volunteer age is 12 years old
- Volunteer tasks include weeding invasive radish and maintaining plantings
- Wear close-toed shoes and appropriate clothing for physical work
- Tools and gloves will be provided
- Light snacks will be offered
- Meet behind the Randall Museum at 199 Museum Way at 10 AM sharp. Staff will escort volunteers to the project site.
To register for this volunteer opportunity, please click on the “REGISTER” button above, or email email@example.com, or call 415-831-6884 and press “1”.
August’s Corona Heights volunteer project will be moved to the Golden Gate Park Nursery. September returns to business as usual. Nursery meeting location details are available on request.
November date change due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. The Corona Heights volunteer event will occur on the 4th Saturday of the month.