|Picnic Area Availability||Availability Link|
|GGP – Old Speedway Meadow Picnic Area||View Availability|
Tall trees border this beautiful grassy glen on the western edge of the park. Bring your blankets and your BBQs and stake out a great gathering in this lovely spot!
PICNIC AND PARTY FEATURES
- B.Y.O. blanket or chairs — No picnic tables or BBQ grills are provided at Old Speedway Meadow, but you are welcome to bring your own grill.
- There are no restrooms onsite or near Old Speedway Meadow.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at Marx Meadow, but kegs and liquor aren’t. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Jump! Inflatable play structures are welcome (additional permit required). No electricity is provided.
- Old Speedway Meadow has a large, flat grassy area, so spread out and play some games! There is space for lawn games, volleyball, or a small kickball game.
- Food-Trucks require an extra permit. See Picnic and Impact Fees.
Old Speedway Meadow stretches back from the parking lot along the east side of 41st Avenue/Chain of Lakes Boulevard, between MLK and JFK Drives. There is no sign marking Old Speedway Meadow, but the parking lot is visible from the street.
|Address:||371 Chain of Lakes Dr E, San Francisco, CA 94122|
|Reservable Picnic Areas:||No Tables Available; Grass Areas Only (Reservable from 9am-6pm)|
|Jumpers Allowed:||Yes-Additional Permit Required|
|BBQ Allowed:||Not Provided - BYO Gas Grill|
|Alcohol:||Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor|
|Parking:||Street - limited availability|