|Picnic Area Availability||Availability Link|
|GGP – Hoover Redwood Grove Picnic Area||View Availability|
This tree-framed glade offers a festive, grassy gathering spot right in the center of Golden Gate Park’s splendors. Bring a blanket and a BBQ or set up tables for a luncheon on the grass – Hoover Redwood Grove is a cozy haven for your next party!
PICNIC AND PARTY FEATURES
- B.Y.O. blanket or chairs — No picnic tables or BBQ grills are provided at Hoover Redwood Grove, but you are welcome to bring your own grill.
- There are no restrooms onsite at Hoover Redwood Grove. The nearest restrooms are farther east on MLK Drive, past the intersection with Crossover Drive at the 19th Avenue Playground.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at Hoover Redwood Grove, but kegs and liquor are not. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Jump! Inflatable play structures are welcome (additional permit required). No electricity is provided.
- Hoover Redwood Grove has a small- to medium-sized flat grassy area, so spread out and play some games! There is space for lawn games or volleyball.
- Food-Trucks require an extra permit. See Picnic and Impact Fees.
Hoover Redwood Grove opens up along the south edge of MLK Drive, just west of the park entrance from 20th Avenue and Lincoln Way. There is no sign marking Hoover Redwood Grove.
|Address:||757 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, San Francisco, CA 94122|
|Reservable Picnic Areas:||No Tables; Grass Areas Only (Reservable from 9am-6pm)|
|Jumpers Allowed:||Yes-Additional Permit Required|
|BBQ Allowed:||Not Provided - BYO Gas Grill|
|Alcohol:||Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor|
|Parking:||Street - limited availability|