|Picnic Area Availability||Availability Link|
|GGP – Elk Glen Picnic Area||View Availability|
Elk Glen’s grassy meadow is tucked in the shade of a huge and varied grove across from Mallard Lake in a quiet pocket of Golden Gate Park. You’ll feel like your party has the park to itself in this pretty little glen — book it today and enjoy!
PICNIC AND PARTY FEATURES
- Elk Glen offers four picnic tables clustered in two pairs, one pair in the middle of the meadow with two BBQ grills nearby and one pair on the western edge of the walking path border.
- There are no restrooms onsite at Elk Glen picnic area. The closest restroom is 0.6 miles east on Martin Luther King Jr. Dr at Mother’s Meadow just across 19th Avenue.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at Elk Glen, but kegs and liquor are not. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Jump! Inflatable play structures are welcome (additional permit required). No electricity is provided.
- Elk Glen’s large grassy area makes it a great spot for kickball, volleyball or other similar lawn games.
- Food-Trucks require an extra permit. See Picnic and Impact Fees.
Elk Glen is on the north side of MLK Drive, west of the intersection with 25th Avenue. It is just across the street from Mallard Lake. There is no sign marking Elk Glen picnic area.
|Address:||1017 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, San Francisco, CA 94122|
|Reservable Picnic Areas:||Yes; Two Separate Areas with 2 8ft Tables and 1 Grill Each (Reservable from 9am-6pm)|
|Jumpers Allowed:||Yes-Additional Permit Required|
|Alcohol:||Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor|
|Parking:||Street - limited availability|