|Picnic Area Availability||Availability Link|
|GGP – Doughboy Picnic Area||View Availability|
Down the slope from JFK Drive toward the Redwood Memorial Grove is beautiful Doughboy Meadow. Bring your friends to play at the feet of the laurel-wreathed Doughboy statue and enjoy the day!
PICNIC AND PARTY FEATURES
- B.Y.O. blanket or chairs — No picnic tables or BBQ grills are provided at Doughboy Meadow, but you are welcome to bring your own grill.
- The nearest restrooms are located farther east on JFK Drive at the 14th Avenue East picnic site.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at Dahlia Dell, but kegs and liquor are not. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Inflatable play structures (a.k.a. jumpy houses) are not permitted at Doughboy Meadow.
- Doughboy Meadow has a medium-sized, mostly flat grassy area, so spread out and play some games! There is space for lawn games, volleyball, or a small kickball game.
- Food-Trucks require an extra permit. See Picnic and Impact Fees.
Doughboy Meadow is on the north side of JFK Drive, west of the intersection with Stow Lake Drive. There is no sign marking Doughboy Meadow, but the statue is visible down the grassy hill from the street.
Saturdays (Apr-Sept) and Sundays (year round), no cars are allowed on JFK Drive.
|Address:||591 John F Kennedy Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118|
|Reservable Picnic Areas:||No Tables; Grass Areas Only (Reservable from 9am-6pm)|
|Restrooms:||Yes - Closest at 14th Ave Meadow|
|Jumpers Allowed:||Not Allowed|
|BBQ Allowed:||Not Provided - BYO Gas Grill|
|Alcohol:||Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor|
|Parking:||Street - limited availability|