Dear Community Opportunity Fund Applicants,
I know many of you have been waiting to hear back about your Community Opportunity Fund (“COF”) Applications. The COF committee members repeatedly stressed how impressed they were with all of your work, your commitment to your park and your community. This is a very demanding process, and I commend all of your for your extraordinary work and efforts. As you know, this was the most completive rounds to date, with $5,000,000 in applications, with only $1,200,000 in funding to allocate.
The projects listed below are recommended for the 5th round of COF funding:
• Golden Gate Heights Park $289,534: New improved landscaping, pathways, seating and natural play area.
• Juri Commons $324,488: New improved pathways, landscaping, irrigation and entry.
• Fillmore Turk Mini Park $330,000: New improved landscaping, seating, drainage and tables.
• Waller Street/ Golden Gate Skate Park $65,331: Addition of a few skatepark elements near Waller and Stanyan Streets.
• Camp Mather $103,903: Court improvements to make a multi-purpose basketball and sports court.
• Youngblood Coleman Park $70,000: New park elements including benches, grills, picnic tables, activity boards, bollards, and drinking fountain.
• Corona Heights States Street Community Garden Improvements $15,000: Improvements to the existing community garden working with the community gardeners.
If your project was not selected, I would like to continue to work with you to review ways to continue to seek funding for your project through this program or others, and see what other approaches we can take to meet you and your community’s goals.
If your project was selected, I will be reaching out to you shortly about next steps.
I know you have all worked very hard, and I truly thank you for your time and energy, it is rewarding to see and inspiring for me to be around.
Thank you again for your time, patience and support of our parks.