Accessibility Information for the 89th Annual Holiday Tree Lighting in Golden Gate Park
Join us for the 89th Annual Holiday Tree Lighting at McLaren Lodge (501 Stanyan Street) in Golden Gate Park on Thursday, December 6, from 4-8 p.m. This FREE family-friendly event will feature toboggan rides, snow play area, carnival rides, live entertainment, cookie decorating, visits with Santa and more! There will also be free admission to the Conservatory of Flowers, which will feature a holiday light show!
In addition, because it’s the season of giving, the San Francisco Police Department is hosting a toy drive at the event. All are encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy to be given to a family in need. Click this link for more information about the event.
- Accessible parking is provided in two locations
- A limited number of spaces are provided in the McLaren Lodge Annex lower parking lot at Stanyan and Fell. Note that this lot can only be accessed from Stanyan Street north of Fell during the event.
- Additional accessible parking is provided on Nancy Pelosi Drive and Bowling Green Drive (near the Golden Gate Park tennis courts)
- For a Google map showing the location of accessible parking on Nancy Pelosi Drive, click this link
- For a Google map showing the location of accessible parking at McLaren Lodge, click this link.
- Accessible shuttle between McLaren Lodge and the Conservatory of Flowers is provided. Shuttle stops are west of McLaren Lodge at JFK and Conservatory Drive East and on JFK in front of the Conservatory of Flowers.
- Does your child have difficulty waiting in lines? Ask for a front-of-line pass at the cookie tent, arts and crafts tent, shuttle stops, or stage (good for one child and one companion–one entry for each activity or ride). Passes are not valid for food lines.
- Service/support animals are welcome, but must be under your control at all times. Click this link to see our service/support animal guidelines
- Most carnival rides are not accessible
- ASL interpreters are provided for performances and are on-call at the stage in front of McLaren Lodge. Seating for ASL users will be reserved at the front-left row of seating at the stage
- Accessible seating for the stage is provided on the pathway in front of McLaren Lodge
Free bike valet parking at McLaren Lodge lower parking lot!
American Sign Language interpreters will be provided. For other accommodations, please contact Lucas Tobin, ADA Coordinator, at 415-206-1229 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that making requests at least 72 hours before the event will help ensure availability.