- 1823 Senior Administrative Analyst
- 3286 Recreation Coordinator
- 3283 Recreation Specialist – Expanded Learning Time
- 3283 Recreation Specialist – Competitive Youth Sports
- 3279 Recreation Leader
- 3278 Recreation Facility Assistant
- 3208 Pool Lifeguard
- Click this link to see day camp recreation job listings
- Click this link to see Camp Mather job listings
- Join our Team!
- Greenager Program
- Gardener Apprenticeship
- Workreation Program
- Environmental Ed. Internship
The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department is seeking qualified individuals for a variety of positions. These are the possible jobs which will be available in Fall 2019/Spring and Summer 2020 with applicable pay rates up until June 30, 2020.
- 2708 Custodian (As-Needed Pool) $25.89
- 3208 Lifeguard (As-Needed Pool) $20.92– we do offer lifeguard training classes
- 3278 Recreation Facility Assistant (As-Needed Pool) $16.50
- 3279 Recreation Leader (3 levels) $18.06-27.81 (Program Assistant $18.06 requires 500 hours or Program Instructor $20.86 requires at least 1,000 hours and if you possess a certificate, it may go to $27.81)
- 3410 Apprentice Gardener (Permanent Civil Service test - also must enroll and complete City College's Horticulture program along with 3,000 hours of training) $20.23
- 3417 Gardener (Permanent Civil Service test) $30.24
- 8208 Park Patrol Officer (Permanent Civil Service test) $28.89 starting step
3264 Camp Assistant either with Camp Mather (in Yosemite Valley and includes full room & board) OR SF Day Camps (Weekday hours only) AND Culinary Jobs – 2618 Food Service Supervisor, 2652 Cook or 2650 Assistant Cook.
For more information on minimum qualifications and job descriptions, please leave voicemail message at (415) 831-2726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about our department or available positions can be found at sfrecpark.org, jobaps.com/sf and sfgov.org/dhr.
In January 2020, we will be hosting three City job fairs at our own facilities - Joseph Lee Recreation Center, Hamilton Recreation Center and the County Fair building. These job fairs will have representatives from other City agencies and non-profits as well as community information. Please email email@example.com for further details in December.
The City and County of San Francisco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Woman and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
What is the Greenager Program?
The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department and Port of San Francisco Greenagers Program, is an outdoor youth leadership program. The program was created and designed to offer teens a chance to play an important role in the community by improving the city’s green spaces, raising awareness, creating place-based projects and or projects based on issues or themes participants value and are interested in.
What is the Greenager Program’s Mission?
The Greenagers’ mission is to empower youth from the Southeast and Northeast sector of San Francisco to become community and environmental youth leaders through civic engagement, park stewardship and outdoor recreation opportunities.
What do Greenagers do?
Greenagers work in various parks and open spaces throughout San Francisco, meet with various Rec and Park staff, Port of San Francisco staff, community members and partners. Greenagers are primarily responsible for planning and leading volunteer work days within their community. Participants meet and work with teens their own age, collaborate with other youth organizations and gain crucial skills in facilitating workshops, networking, public speaking, teamwork, environmental education, and community engagement. Workdays could be a day picking up micro litter from parks, it could be planting native plants to create habitat for wildlife, it could be weeding invasive plants out from a sensitive habitat to allow native plants to grow, it could be pruning overgrown bushes to clear sight lines and make parks safer, it could be hosting a volunteer group in the park to teach them about native plants, it could be leading hikes, etc. We encourage Greenagers to drive the types of community projects they would like to see and implement in their community.
Who can be a Greenager?
To be a Greenager you must meet the criteria below:
- You must live in or attend a school in the Southeast Sector of San Francisco (Excelsior, Portola, Bayview, Hunter’s Point, Visitation Valley, Crocker Amazon, or Potrero Hill) or Northeast Sector of San Francisco (Western Addition, Tenderloin and Chinatown; Or you must be referred to us by one of our direct partners.
- Must be a 9th or 10th grade student.
- Must be able to commit to the full 8-month program that runs from June -January.
How do I apply?
To apply, you must complete our online application here.
If you have questions about the program, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-831-6319.
- 3410 Apprentice Gardener (Permanent Civil Service test -
1. ***Meet admission and eligibility requirements for enrollment at City College of San Francisco as follows:
a.) You must be eighteen (18) years old on or before the first day of instruction for the term which you are applying. or
b.) You are a high school graduate; or
c.) You are the equivalent of a high school graduate, i.e., you have passed GED or a state's high school proficiency examination;
Please visit the link for City College of San Francisco's admission policy: https://www.ccsf.edu/en/student-services/admissions-and-registration/admissions/admission-policy.html;
2. Possession of a valid California (Class C) driver's license (Copy of a driver's license must be submitted with application)
***NOTE: If selected for this program, participants will be registered with City College of San Francisco and enrolled in OH 50 Introduction to Environmental Horticulture.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
§ Six (6) months (1,040 hours) of verifiable experience in the care and maintenance of landscaped general ground areas or as a journey level tradesperson in construction or industrial field;
§ A good driving record (An applicant will be considered a negligent driver and he/she may be disqualified if the driving record shows: 6 or more violation points in the last 12 months; 8 or more violation points in the last 24 months; or 10 or more violation points in the last 36 months. The months will be calculated from the date the report was requested.)
§ Verifiable experience in a physically-demanding position (e.g., gardening assistant, laborer, etc.);
§ Ability to safely and correctly lift, drag and/or move with assistance large and/or heavy plants and equipment to truck bed level, and the ability to kneel, bend and squat for considerable periods of time. (The probationary period will be used to evaluate this qualification.);
§ New or continuing student status at City College of San Francisco.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The nature of the work may require exposure to inclement weather conditions and may require exposure to hazardous conditions and/or materials which may include feces and/or urine, used syringes, etc. Some positions require safe driving of large trucks or vans. Some positions may require riding mowers and driving small utility vehicles. Some positions may require heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. Some positions may require weekend or shift work.
Rate as of July 1, 2020 - $20.23
For more information, please email either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Workreation is a student job training and employment program that is an integral part of the San Francisco Recreation & Park Department’s mentor-ship program. The program is designed for teens age 14‐17.This year marks our 57th year of running the program.
This year, the San Francisco Recreation and Park's Volunteer Division is looking to hire six temporary Environmental Education interns. Our mobile team will be based out of the Millwright's Cottage in Golden Gate Park and our stationary team will be based out of the EcoCenter in Heron's Head Park. See the flyer here.
See job descriptions here:
Apply here today