GGP - Old Speedway Meadow Picnic Area
Park Picnic Area Information
Tall trees border this beautiful grassy glen on the western edge of the park. Bring your blankets and your BBQs and stake out a great gathering in this lovely spot!
371 Chain of Lakes Drive E
San Francisco, CA 94122
Old Speedway Meadow stretches back from the parking lot along the east side of 41st Avenue/Chain of Lakes Boulevard, between MLK and JFK Drives. There is no sign marking Old Speedway Meadow, but the parking lot is visible from the street.
Picnic & Party Features
- Bring your own blanket or chairs - No picnic tables or BBQ grills are provided at Old Speedway Meadow, but you are welcome to bring your own grill.
- There are no restrooms on-site or near Old Speedway Meadow.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at Marx Meadow, but kegs and liquor aren’t. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Jump! Inflatable play structures are welcome (additional permit required). No electricity is provided.
- Old Speedway Meadow has a large, flat grassy area, so spread out and play some games! There is space for lawn games, volleyball, or a small kickball game.
- Food-Trucks require an extra permit.
Reservable Picnic Areas
No tables available; grass areas only reservable from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Street - limited availability
Additional Park Picnic Area Information
- Alcohol: Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor
- BBQ Allowed: Not Provided - Bring Your Own Gas Grill
- Jumpers Allowed: Yes - Additional Permit Required
- Restrooms: No
View the Picnic Area Map page to see a map of the area.
Reservation Fees & Details
View our Picnic and Impact Fees