GGP - Lindley Meadow Picnic Area
|Tables 3 & 4|
|Tables 6 & 7|
|Tables 8 & 9|
|Tables 10 & 11|
|Tables 12 & 13|
Park Picnic Area Information
One of the grandest green spaces in glorious Golden Gate Park is Lindley Meadow. Its grassy area stretches along the south edge of JFK Drive in the center of the park, spilling down a steep bank into a wide flat space with picnic tables and grills tucked into the eucalyptus border. Lindley Meadow is a splendid place for a party!
Lindley Meadow has 12 individually reservable picnic sites. For a large party of 100 or more, consider renting a few nearby tables. All of the picnic sites are clustered along Lindley’s southern edge, each with 1 to 2 picnic tables and BBQ grills.
1054 John F. Kennedy (JFK) Drive
San Francisco, CA 94121
Lindley Meadow is on the south side of JFK Drive, across from the 30th Avenue and Fulton Street entrance. At 30th Avenue and JFK, there is a sign for Lindley Meadow.
Picnic & Party Features
- Restrooms are located at the Equestrian Center just west of Lindley Meadow.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at Lindley Meadow, but kegs and liquor are not. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Jump! Inflatable play structures are welcome (additional permit required). No electricity is provided.
- All of Lindley Meadow’s picnic tables front the expansive grassy area, so spread out and play some games! There is shared space for lawn games or volleyball - so you and your neighbors all have room to play!
- Food-Trucks require an extra permit.
Yes; multiple areas are reservable from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Reserve a corner of Lindley Meadow today!
Street - limited availability
Additional Park Picnic Area Information
- Alcohol: Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor
- BBQ Allowed:
- Jumpers Allowed: Yes - Additional Permit Required
- Restrooms: Yes - Near Polo Field
View the Picnic Area Map page to see a map of the area.
Reservation Fees & Details
View our Picnic and Impact Fees