GGP - Hellman Hollow Picnic Area
|Tables 1 and 2|
| Tables 3 and 4|
|Tables 5 and 6|
|Tables 7, 8, 9|
|Tables 10, 11, 12|
|Tables 13 and 14|
|Tables 15 and 16|
|Tables 17 and 18|
|Tables 19 and 20|
Park Picnic Area Information
The sprawling splendor of Hellman Hollow is one of Golden Gate Park’s loveliest spots. Stretching out in the middle of the park, Hellman Hollow offers a park-within-a-park for your party to enjoy.
800 John F. Kennedy (JFK) Drive
San Francisco, CA 94121
Hellman Hollow spreads out along the south side of JFK Drive, just west of Transverse Drive (off 25th Avenue).
Picnic & Party Features
Hellman Hollow features nine individually reservable picnic areas, all with at least two tables. For a large party of 100 or more, consider renting a few nearby tables.
- Restrooms are located onsite at Hellman Hollow.
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at Hellman Hollow, but kegs and liquor are not. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Jump! Inflatable play structures are welcome (additional permit required). No electricity is provided.
- Hellman Hollow’s picnic tables front the expansive grassy area, so spread out and play some games! There is shared space for lawn games or volleyball - so you and your neighbors all have room to play!
- Food-Trucks require an extra permit.
Reservable Picnic Areas
Yes; multiple sites available, reservable from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Street - limited availability
Additional Park Picnic Area Information
- Alcohol: Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor
- BBQ Allowed:
- Jumpers Allowed: Yes - Additional Permit Required
- Restrooms: Yes
View the Picnic Area Map page to see a map of the are
Reservation Fees & Details
View our Picnic and Impact Fees