- PERMITS & RESERVATIONS
- Wedding Site Directory
- Palace of Fine Arts
Palace of Fine Arts
A monumental structure originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition in order to exhibit works of art presented there. One of only a few surviving structures from the Exposition, it is the only one still situated on its original site.
Lyon Street and Marina Green Boulevard
Weddings are allowed under the rotunda only.
- Reservation Fee: $531
- Hourly Rate (2 Hour Minimum): $152
- Staff Salary (per hour): Please contact staff for details
- Refundable Cleaning/Damage Deposit: $500
- Note: The hourly fee for outdoor weddings is waived for Veterans who are San Francisco residents. The reservation fee applies. “Veteran” shall mean a person who is currently serving in the active military, naval, air, or space service, or who has completed such service and was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable consistent with Section 101(2) of Title 38 of the United States Code, as it may be amended from time to time. Proof of Veteran status and proof of San Francisco residency is required.
Wedding Site Features
- This wedding site is the area directly underneath the Rotunda (the big Dome)
- The Palace of Fine Arts and Rotunda are still open to the public when there are wedding permits. Due to the public nature of the space, and the popularity of the Palace of Fine Arts as both a park and tourist destination, there will be people in the park and in or at the Rotunda at any given time.
- The minimum fee for a reception at the Palace of Fine Arts is $5000 with a $1000 refundable cleaning deposit.
- Staffing is required for wedding receptions only at an additional cost of $92 per hour (3 hour minimum).
- Tented events start at $10,000 per day plus $5,000 per day for set up and only a limited number are allowed each year.
- A Park Ranger can be requested if not having a reception for $92 per hour (3 hour minimum).
- Chairs and tables are not provided at this site.
- Max capacity for this site is 250 people.
- Amplified sound is not allowed at this location.
- Street/Lot parking open to public: limited availability.
- Closest Restrooms: Across the Street, at Little Marina Green, at the corner of Yacht Road and Marina Boulevard. This is about a one block walk from the Rotunda.
- Reservations can be made one year in advance of the event date. If multiple applications are received for the same date, the reservation will be awarded through a randomized lottery system. Only one entry to the randomized lottery, per event, per date is permitted.
- Reservations have a two hour minimum and are always on the full hour
- Renters are responsible for bagging and removing all garbage off site, upon completion of the rental, and departure from the park.
- To submit a reservation request, complete the Outdoor Wedding Application.
- Please email RPDReservations@sfgov.org or call 415-831-5500 for more information.
Wedding Site Information
- Reception Allowed: Yes
- Parking: Yes
- Restrooms: No
- Indoor Area: No