Palace of Fine Arts
A monumental structure originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition in order to exhibit works of art presented there. One of only a few surviving structures from the Exposition, it is the only one still situated on its original site.
Lyon Street and Marina Green Boulevard
Weddings are allowed under the rotunda only.
- Reservation Fee: $506
- Hourly Rate (2 Hour Minimum): $144
- Staff Salary (per hour): Please contact staff for details
- Refundable Cleaning/Damage Deposit: $500
Wedding Site Features
- This wedding site is the area directly underneath the Rotunda (the big Dome)
- The Palace of Fine Arts and Rotunda are still open to the public when there are wedding permits. Due to the public nature of the space, and the popularity of the Palace of Fine Arts as both a park and tourist destination, there will be people in the park and in or at the Rotunda at any given time.
- The minimum fee for a reception at the Palace of Fine Arts is $5000 with a $1000 refundable cleaning deposit.
- Staffing is required for wedding receptions only at an additional cost of $88 per hour (3 hour minimum).
- Tented events start at $10,000 per day plus $5,000 per day for set up and only a limited number are allowed each year.
- A Park Ranger can be requested if not having a reception for $88 per hour (3 hour minimum).
- Chairs and tables are not provided at this site.
- Max capacity for this site is
- Amplified sound is not allowed at this location.
- Street/Lot parking open to public: limited availability.
- Closest Restrooms: Across the Street, at Little Marina Green, at the corner of Yacht Road and Marina Boulevard. This is about a one block walk from the Rotunda.
- Reservations have a two hour minimum and are always on the full hour
- Renters are responsible for bagging and removing all garbage off site, upon completion of the rental, and departure from the park.
Wedding Site Information
- Reception Allowed: Yes
- Parking: Yes
- Restrooms: No
- Indoor Area: No