With its grassy lawns and lovely views of the city and the bay this park is truly one of San Francisco’s gems. The Gathering Meadow offers full accessibility and seating for guests.
Gough Street and Washington Street
San Francisco, CA 94109
- Reservation Fee: $303
- Hourly Rate (2 Hour Minimum): $76
- Staff Salary (per hour): $92 per hour for Park Ranger (3 hour minimum)
- Refundable Cleaning/Damage Deposit: $500
- Note: The hourly fee for outdoor weddings is waived for Veterans who are San Francisco residents. The reservation fee applies. “Veteran” shall mean a person who is currently serving in the active military, naval, air, or space service, or who has completed such service and was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable consistent with Section 101(2) of Title 38 of the United States Code, as it may be amended from time to time. Proof of Veteran status and proof of San Francisco residency is required.
Wedding Site Features
- The Gathering Meadow is located on the East side of Lafayette Park behind the tennis courts.
- Amplified sound is not allowed at this location.
- Site has built in seating arrangement. See picture for details.
- Max capacity for this site is 150 people.
- Closest Restrooms: Center of park near the play structure. About a 2 minute walk from the Gathering Meadow.
- Parking is open to the public; street parking is limited and restrictions apply.
- Reservations can be made one year in advance of the event date.
- Reservation requests must be made, at minimum, 30 days in advance of the requested date at this location.
- A Park Ranger is required to be on site (3 hour minimum) during the wedding.
- One wedding per day is allowed at this site.
- Reservations have a two hour minimum and are always on the full hour
- Renters are responsible for bagging and removing all garbage off site, upon completion of the rental, and departure from the park.
Wedding Site Information
- Reception Allowed: Yes
- Parking: Yes
- Restrooms: Yes
- Indoor Area: No