GGP - Bunny Meadow Picnic Area
Park Picnic Area Information
Tucked behind the Conservatory of Flowers, this quiet and beautiful grassy glen has a garden border and a frame of tall trees. Bring a blanket and a BBQ or set up tables for lunch. Whether it is toddlers with treats or couples with chardonnay, Bunny Meadow is a gorgeous spot to spend the day!
Conservatory Drive W
San Francisco, CA 94118
On Saturdays (April to September) and Sunday (year-round), no cars are allowed on JFK Drive.
Picnic & Party Features
- Bring your own blanket or chairs - no picnic tables or BBQ grills are provided at Bunny Meadow, but you are welcome to bring your own grill.
- Restrooms are located directly across Conservatory Drive West (next to the Conservatory of Flowers).
- Cheers! Beer and wine are welcome at Bunny Meadow, but kegs and liquor are not. Remember: carrying open alcoholic beverages outside the picnic area is never permitted.
- Jump! Inflatable play structures are welcome (additional permit required), but not on weekends from April to September due to road closures. No electricity is provided.
- Bunny Meadow has a medium-sized, mostly flat grassy area, so spread out and play some games! There is space for lawn games, volleyball, or a small kickball game.
- Neighboring sites: There is a first-come, first-served area just north of Bunny Meadow across the walking path with several public, non-reservable picnic and game tables.
Street - limited availability
Reservable Picnic Areas
Yes; entire grass area is reservable from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Additional Park Picnic Area Information
- Alcohol: Yes; Beer and Wine Only; No Glass/No Liquor
- BBQ Allowed: Not Provided - Bring Your Own Gas Grill
- Jumpers Allowed: Yes - Additional Permit Required
- Restrooms: Yes - Next to the Conservatory of Flowers
View the Picnic Area Map page to see a map of the area.
Reservation Fees & Details
View our Picnic and Impact Fees