Golden Gate Park - Chinese Pavilion
Dedicated in 1981, Golden Gate Park received the Chinese Pavilion as a gift from San Francisco’s sister city, Taipei, Taiwan. The Pavilion is located at Stow Lake, which comes complete with an island and waterfall. The semi-red structure is beautifully decorated with carvings and decorative roof, offering a peaceful setting amidst the water, trees, turtles, and blue herons.
M.L.K. Jr. Drive and Stow Lake Dr. East; middle of Stow Lake Island
- Reservation Fee: $514
- Hourly Rate (2 Hour Minimum): $147
- Staff Salary (per hour): Not Applicable
- Refundable Cleaning/Damage Deposit: $500
- Note: The hourly fee for outdoor weddings is waived for Veterans who are San Francisco residents. The reservation fee applies. “Veteran” shall mean a person who is currently serving in the active military, naval, air, or space service, or who has completed such service and was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable consistent with Section 101(2) of Title 38 of the United States Code, as it may be amended from time to time. Proof of Veteran status and proof of San Francisco residency is required.
Wedding Site Features
- Limited Accessibility, dirt paths and a stepping stone walkway, to reach wedding site. Not ADA accessible. Elderly guests will have difficulty reaching this site.
- The wedding site can fit up to 50 people in and around the area of the Chinese Pavilion, however, all 50 people will not fit in and under the pavilion itself. Only about 10 to 15 people will fit in the pavilion, the other guests will be on the stairs or the paths surrounding the pavilion.
- The path surrounding the pavilion is approximately 170 feet by 10 feet
- No chairs and tables are provided or allowed at this site.
- Max capacity for this site is 50 people.
- Amplified sound is not allowed at this location.
- Closest Restrooms: Across from Stow Lake Boathouse
- Parking is open to the public; limited availability. Stow Lake Drive East is the closest road to this site.
- Reservations can be made one year in advance of the event date.
- Reservations on the full hour with a two hour minimum.
- Renters are responsible for bagging and removing all garbage off site, upon completion of the rental, and departure from the park.
M.L.K. Jr. Drive and Stow Lake Dr. East. The Chinese pavilion can be found on the island in the middle of Stow Lake island on the east side on Stow Lake Drive, at the far end of the parking lot across from the Boathouse.
Wedding Site Information
- Reception Allowed: No
- Parking: Yes
- Restrooms: Yes
- Indoor Area: No