The garden’s three terraces, connected by stairs and ramps, climb the hillside for half a city block, lined with stone balustrades and retaining walls, ornamental planting beds, and boxwood hedges. At the top are two latticed wooden gazebos and an overlook with views of San Francisco Bay.
2366 Leavenworth Street
San Francisco, CA 94133
- Reservation Fee: $280
- Hourly Rate (2 Hour Minimum): $70
- Staff Salary (per hour): $25/hour for Recreation Leader
- Refundable Cleaning/Damage Deposit: $500
Wedding Site Features
- Only one reservation per weekend (Sat-Sun) at Fay Park
- There are three levels to Fay Park, the top level is where there are two white gazebos, which is where people often like to get married. The top level of the park can fit up to 30 people seated.
- Amplified Sound is not allowed at his location.
- Chairs and tables are not provided at this site.
- Max capacity for this site is 100 people.
- Closest Restroom: There is one restroom inside the Fay House, with access from Fay Park. The SFRPD staff member assigned to the Fay Park rental, will have the key to use the restroom. This is the only access inside the building.
- Staffing is required at an additional cost of $25 per hour.
- Parking is on the public city streets surrounding Fay Park. There is no loading/unloading zone or service road.
- For events involving more than 50 adults, alternative arrangements for parking of vehicles must be made prior to the event date.
- Use of outdoor space only and a single indoor restroom.
- Reservations can be made beginning at 9 a.m. one year in advance of the event date. If the date one year in advance falls on a holiday or a Sunday, then the following business day at 9 a.m, the reservation can be accepted.
- Reservations have a two hour minimum and are always on the full hour
- Only one reservation per weekend is allowed at this wedding site.
- Renters are responsible for bagging and removing all garbage generated from the rental off site, upon completion of the rental, and departure from the park.
San Francisco Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate Park. The Redwood Grove can be accessible by the North/Friend Gate on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive or the Main Entrance on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and Lincoln Avenue.
See the Botanical Gardens Map (PDF) for details.
Wedding Site Information
- Reception Allowed: No
- Parking: Yes
- Restrooms: Yes
- Indoor Area: No