Emergency Child Care Services
For children of healthcare workers, Disaster Service Workers and all Essential City Workers
San Francisco Mayor London N. Breed recently announced measures to ensure parents on the front line of San Francisco’s COVID-19 response have child care so that they can attend work while schools are closed. San Francisco-based healthcare workers, activatedand City and County of San Francisco employees designated as essential are eligible for these free services.
Recreation and Park Department centers and clubhouses serve grades K through 8, Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Extended hours are available for those who need them.
With the remainder of the school year affected by the City’s Shelter in Place order, Recreation and Parks will support distance learning initiatives by providing work space, study time, and Wi-Fi connectivity at all emergency care facilities.
Three healthy meals a day are provided to all participants. All facilities follow social distancing recommendations and other Department of Public Health guidelines related to the virus.
In addition, The Office of Early Care and Education is continuing to provide support and guidance for existing private childcare providers for children 0-5. For more information, click here.
For information on youth care for high school students, grades 9-12, please visit the Department of Children, Youth and their Families (DCYF) website here.
Health and Safety Precautions:
The following health and safety precautions have been implemented at our childcare facilities:
- Precautions around social distancing and reinforcement of proper personal hygiene habits
- Stringent and enhanced cleaning of facility spaces (restrooms, common spaces, etc.)
- At smaller facilities, no more than 12 youths will be registered
- At larger facilities, no more than 24 youths will be registered. Youths will be be split into two groups of no more than 12 each, with no interaction between the two groups
- As a further health precaution, once a child is registered at a particular site, that child may not be registered at any other site.
Before registering, please consider the following questions:
- Has any member of the household, including the child coming to daycare, had a fever, cough or shortness of breath in the last 24 hours?
- Has the child had contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus in the last two weeks?
If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then your child may not attend this program.
How to register:
Step 1: Select the location you are interested in from the list below, based on the grade in which your child is enrolled. When you select a program, click Add to Cart. If the class is full, you can add your child to the waiting list.
Step 2: Log into your Rec & Park activity account.
- If you are already have an account, enter your email and password. If you forgot your password, please click the Forgot your password? link and you will be emailed a temporary password. Be sure to check your spam or junk mail.
- If you do not have an account, click Create New Account. Enter the parent/guardian information first (head of household), then click Create New Account and Add Family Member button to add your child/ren. This account can also be used for future activity registrations such as day camps!
Step 3: Complete the enrollment by answering the required questions.
Once you are enrolled you can print your receipt and will receive an email confirming enrollment.
Grades K-8 (Tuesday, May 26- Friday, June 5)
Child care sites are closed on Monday, May 25, in observance of Memorial Day.
Please note: If your child has attended this program at a particular site, that child may not be registered at a different site. Please do not register for more than one site.
- Bernal Heights Rec CenterEureka Valley Rec Center
- Glen Park Rec Center
- Harvey Milk Center for the Arts
- Herz Clubhouse
- Jackson Clubhouse
- Joseph Lee Rec Center
- Kezar Pavilion
- Minnie & Love Rec Center
- Mission Arts Rec Center
- Mission Clubhouse
- Moscone Rec Center
- Richmond Rec Center
- SOMA - Eugene Friend Rec Center
Please note: The following locations are currently full. If you cannot sign up for one of the available sites on this page, and would instead like to be placed on a waiting list for one of these full sites, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Excelsior Clubhouse
- Hamilton Rec Center
- J.P Murphy Clubhouse
- Mission Rec Center
- Palega Rec Center
- Potrero Hill Rec Center
- Randall Museum
- Sunset Rec Center
- Upper Noe Rec Center
- West Portal Clubhouse
Need help registering?
If you have trouble registering you can email email@example.com, or, you can call 1-628-652-2900, Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.