Urban Agriculture Resources
San Francisco Rec and Park’s Urban Agriculture Program provides free materials for the backyard gardener, community gardener, or urban farmer through regularly scheduled Garden Resource Days. These events, held every 6 weeks during the non-winter months, offer compost at every event as well as mulch, seeds, plant starts and composting worms when available. Garden Resource Days are now held in the overflow parking lot for Gleneagles Golf Course at 2100 Sunnydale Avenue. They are a “bring-your-own-bucket” event and amounts are limited.
Spring 2023 Garden Resource Days will be held on the following Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.:
May 6 June 24 August 12
September 16 (Event Cancelled) October 28
There will be free compost, mulch, plant starts and seeds.
Please note: Though we endeavor to provide enough supplies for everyone, amounts are limited to what we have on hand that day. Through a special program, funded by SF Department of the Environment and the state of California, we are able to provide extra compost for all event dates listed above. HOWEVER, because supplies are limited, we invite everyone to demonstrate kindness and a sense of community sharing with your gardener neighbors when collecting these resources. Please follow all instructions from staff, volunteers and Park Rangers to ensure these are fun and safe events for everyone.
Planting Guides for Local Microclimates:
- Planting Calendar for Foggy Areas of San Francisco and Northern San Mateo County
- Calendario De Siembra Para las Áreas Neblinosas de San Francisco y el Condado Costero de San Mateo
- Planting Calendar for Sunny Areas of San Francisco and Northern San Mateo County
- Calendario De Siembra Para las Áreas Soleadas De San Francisco y el Condado Norte de San Mateo
- Planting Calendar for Hot Southern Area of San Mateo County
- Calendario De Siembra para el Área Calurosa Del Condado Sur De San Mateo
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.