EcoCenter at Heron's Head Park
The EcoCenter at Heron’s Head is a space for environmental education, public outreach, and helping people connect with the beauty of San Francisco’s wild landscapes through education, recreation and leisure activities. The space is an off-the-grid facility with its own solar energy system, living roof, sustainable building materials, on-site wastewater treatment and rainwater harvesting and reuse. The facility was certified LEED Platinum by the United States Green Building Council as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) in 2013. It is owned and maintained by the Port of San Francisco and operated by SF Rec and Park.
The EcoCenter's reservable classroom is approximately 35 feet x 19 feet. The maximum number of occupants is 55. The classroom is naturally lit with views of Lash Lighter Basin and peaks of the Bay Bridge. The adjacent patio can be reserved with the classroom upon request.
How to Reserve
To reserve the EcoCenter classroom, please email the Facility and Outreach Coordinator, Miguel Dimas at Miguel.Dimas@sfgov.org. All rental requests must be made at least three (3) weeks prior to the event date to be considered. Rentals must be paid and finalized ten (10) days prior to the date of the event. Reservations have a two-hour minimum.
Reservation Fees & Reservable Timeframes:
- The reservation fee is $50/hr during business hours: Tuesdays through Saturdays 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Reservations outside of business hours will incur an additional staff fee of $26/hr.
- There is a security deposit of $250/reservation. The security deposit is to ensure that all terms of the permit are followed including the requirement to clean the site after use and remove all trash.
- The facility is not reservable on weekdays from June through Mid-August from 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m due to Summer Camps. Saturdays reservations are available during this time.
Rules & Regulations:
- Rental parties are limited to community meetings, educational community events, programs, and public workshops.
- Rental parties are responsible for all the clean-up, including bagging and removing all garbage generated from the event, off site, upon departure from the park.
- Rental parties are only allowed on site during the times for which they have reserved. Any set-up or breakdown time must be included as part of your permit timeframe.
- Vehicles are NOT permitted beyond the Parking lot. You must transport you items to the facility independently. A wheelbarrow may be provided upon request.
- Due to the unique on-site Wastewater System and Water Monitoring Project, rental parties are required to use eco-friendly products that enter our water stream such as Dr. Bonners, Ms. Meyers, etc.
- Usage of balloons, confetti, piñatas, glitter, silly string, rice, flower petals, bird seeds etc. as a celebratory toss or prop are not allowed at this site.
- Storage and delivery of supplies before or after and event is not allowed.
- Fires and any open flame are not allowed at this facility.
- Alcohol is not allowed at this facility.
Changes and Cancellations:
For rentals less than $1,000 in facility fees, any changes or cancellations must be made at least 10 business days prior to the event date. For rentals of $1,000 or more in facility fees, any changes or cancellations must be at least one month prior to the event date. In the case of any authorized cancellation or change there will also be a fee of the higher of $30 or 20% of the fee. In addition, if you would like a refund (as opposed to a credit to your account), there will be a refund fee of the higher of $15 or 20% of the refund amount. There are no changes or cancellations allowed after the above deadlines.
|Location:||32 Jennings St, San Francisco, CA 94124|
|Dimensioned Map:||ECOCENTER AT HERON’S HEAD PARK Dimensions|