Click here for posted Notice. The purpose of the Walter Haas Connector Trail project is to improve the degraded and eroding social trail. The completed project will provide a safe pathway promoting increased neighborhood connectivity.
How was the design developed?
The San Francisco Recreation & Park Department facilitated community meetings to solicit input on the design of these improvements. The scope of the work was guided by the community input.
What’s in the Project?
- Create a safe trail connection between Walter Haas Park and Billy Goat Hill.
- Restore erosive areas
- Reduce hazardous trees
What’s the construction schedule?
- Hazardous tree removal: COMPLETED
- Trail restoration: Winter 2015
Will the trail be closed during renovation and for how long?
- Yes, for safety purposes the trail will be closed.
- The estimated construction duration is 90 days. *Weather permitting