Entering its 54th year, the San Francisco Recreation and Park Department’s Workreation Program is a school-year and summer employment, mentorship and training program for all youth who live in, or attend school in, San Francisco. Workreation is open to youth, ages 14-17 (or 18, as long as the student is still in high school).
● Participants earn minimum wage (currently $10.24/hour)
● Variety of recreational, aquatic, horticultural, administrative, sports, after school and summer camp positions
● 10 hours per week during the school year
● 20-30 hours per week during summer
● Develop leadership and problem solving skills, work with others and gain community awareness
● Learn job-related skills: safety awareness, program planning, communications and First Aid
Applications for Summer 2013 will be accepted from December 19, 2012, through January 18, 2013. Applications can be found online at http://jobaps.com/sf under Class 9910 Public Service Trainee for the SF Recreation and Park Department. Interviews will take place mid-to-late February 2013. Summer programming begins in June and ends in mid-August.
A job application workshop will take place on Friday, January 4, 2013, at 10 a.m., at Tenderloin Recreation Center, located at 570 Ellis Street, near Hyde Street.
For more information, contact Jennifer Gee at (415) 831-2785 or firstname.lastname@example.org.