The San Francisco Arts Commission (SFAC) is working with the Recreation and Park Department and residents of Noe Valley to commission an artwork for the new Noe Valley Town Square that will inspire and engage residents and visitors and enhance their connection to recreation and to the neighborhood. The artist team Wowhaus was selected by a Public Art Selection Panel to create an artwork for the Town Square.
*Based on feedback from the Visual Arts Committee in March regarding the artists’ proposal of the three owls, Wowhaus has developed two revised proposals for Noe Valley Town Square*
Please take a few minutes to review the proposals and provide responses to the 5 questions below to email@example.com :
Public Comment Questions:
1. Comment on the strengths (i.e. unique, beautiful, timeless, bold, etc.) of the artwork proposals.
2. Comment on the weaknesses of the artwork proposals.
3. Will the artworks be enjoyed by people of all ages and backgrounds?
4. How well do the proposed artworks fit into the Noe Valley Town Square environment and surrounding neighborhood?
5. Tell us your zip code for: where you live; where you work.
Please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or hand deliver/mail comments to 401 Van Ness Avenue, Room 325 by Wednesday, April 20, by 12 p.m.
Public comments will be summarized and shared with the Visual Arts Committee prior to approval of a conceptual design. Please note that public comments do not constitute a vote. The Visual Arts Committee meeting will take place on Wednesday, April 20 at 3 p.m at 401 Van Ness Avenue, Room 125. The agenda can be found here: http://sfgov.org/arts/visual-arts-committee/meeting/2016-april-20-agenda
Thank you for your feedback, and please share this with friends and neighbors.