To view the 2012 Bond Project click here.
West Sunset Playground is located at Quintara Street and 41st Avenue in the Sunset District. The park is bordered by three schools and a public library. The park itself houses a playground, softball/baseball fields, a soccer field, and tennis courts. This facility also has a clubhouse structure which is contiguous with the library building. The playground will be reconfigured to provide new equipment for all age groups. This project will also provide spaces for passive recreation including renovating the concrete plaza area between the playground and new library. ADA access will be provided to all play equipment, surfacing and site amenities.
- New play equipment for tots and older children and safety play surfacing for the play area.
- Passive recreation adjacent to the play space.
- ADA compliant pathway to play areas and associated amenities.
- Landscape improvements including planting and irrigation.
- Site furnishings which may include benches, seat wall, small picnic tables, trash receptacles and a drinking fountain
- Signage including playground safety, directional and informational
- Renovation of hardscape plaza between the playground and new library