The Palace of Fine Arts and Lagoon is an historic structure designed by legendary architect, Bernard Maybeck for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition. The building is an historic structure set in an elegant park designed for passive recreation use. It was previously renovated in 1962. The park is heavily used and a major tourist attraction of San Francisco providing residents and visitors the opportunity for passive recreation amid a beautiful backdrop of landscape and architecture. The building houses the Exploratorium and Palace Theatre. The Rotunda roof requires a renovation as well as the architectural structure of the rotunda and the colonnades. The landscape on the western side of the lagoon also needs updating and improvements to pedestrian access and circulation.