The objective of the project is to provide a clean, safe and accessible playground for pre-school and school age children, and the project scope will include removal of deteriorated play equipment and installation of new equipment, reconfiguration of paths and stairs to increase accessibility, and associated site work.
Located in the Inner Richmond District, Mountain Lake Park is a 15.2-acre park situated on a band of land bordered by the Presidio to the north and Lake Street to the south. The playground sits at the end of 12th Avenue, north of Lake Street, and is bounded by the lake to the north. The renovation of the playground at Mountain Lake Park is a project funded by the 2012 Clean & Safe Neighborhood Parks Bond in partnership with the Friends of Mountain Lake Park Playground.
We continue to make progress at the playground, and are nearing completion. Due to the heavy rains we have experienced over the last 2 months, our anticipated completion is set for late spring 2017. Remaining work includes, concrete & Flatwork, installation of rubber safety surfacing, landscaping, and installation of playground finishes. … Continue reading
The Mountain Lake Playground Renovation is now approximately 85% complete. The final concrete walls at the summit area were poured earlier this week, leaving just the sidewalk up to the slide and the concrete overlook platform as our remaining concrete work. We have also started installation of the decking surface … Continue reading
We continue to make good progress on the Mountain Lake Playground Renovation, which is now approximately 75% complete. Completed work includes sloped concrete slabs in play areas, approximately half of the concrete flat work, stairs, installation of the steel “trees” at the overlook, the majority of low landscaped walls, irrigation … Continue reading
Construction commenced on the Project in September 2015, the project is approximately 65% complete. We continue to make good progress on the Mountain Lake Playground Renovation. Completed work includes the majority of low landscaped walls, irrigation and drainage infrastructure, rough installation of toddler playground equipment, and foundation work related to … Continue reading
Hello Mountain Lake Park community. I am very excited to take over as the new project manager and help complete this amazing project. We recently completed the foundation work for the scrambling wall next to the concrete slide, and are finishing up drainage work beneath the children’s play area. We … Continue reading
Hi folks, We are well underway with construction. The weather did cause some delays, but we are actively working with the good weather we have now. Most of the walls around the playground have been installed and we are now working complete the remaining wall and drainage work. Next Month … Continue reading
Please be advised that the path running along the north of the playground will be closed on Thursday 10/8 to provide a staging area for large equipment. People accessing the park from the Funston Street entrance, or attempting to reach the restrooms from the east, will face a detour. The restrooms will remain … Continue reading
• School Age Play Area: A new play area with play equipment designed for school age children will be constructed. Play features will include a climbing structure featuring nets, swings, jumping discs, climbing forest of natural logs and ropes, and see-saws. The existing concrete slide would be retained, and new ADA accessible path to the top will be provided.
• Toddler Play Area: A new play area with equipment designed for pre-school age children will be constructed. Play features will include swings, see-saw, slide and an assortment of small climbing, swinging and spring elements.
• Play surface: All areas falling within a designated play equipment fall zone will be fitted with high-performance poured-in-place safety surfacing.
• Circulation: The multi-level playground will be linked with a landscaped terrace of switch back ramps, stairs and bridges to provide unique play experience for both children of all abilities. Interactive pieces such as kaleidoscopes and megaphones will be located along the various routes between play elements.
• Landscape and Irrigation System: 3 existing tress will be removed. New irrigated plantings and trees will be used to edge the play area, and planted zones will be incorporated into the playground area where appropriate.
• Site Furnishings and Pathways: A new AC pathway will provide improved circulation through the playground, cast-in-place concrete seat-walls will encircle each play zone to provide seating for parents as well as provide retaining of adjacent hillsides. New wood benches and picnic tables will be provided to create pockets to socialize, view the children at play, or take in the natural lake vista. Composite decking and interlocking permeable pavers will be used to provide visual interest and texture to the design.